It’s Bob Dylan’s world. We just live in it.
Bob knows that mentioning a town name is a nice shortcut to authenticityland.
Friday Night Makeover
Map from a 1916 book about Africa. Lots of white space.
My wife’s autobiography.
If it’s important that girls of color and girls of different economic classes be able to recognize themselves and find aspirational stories in the Disney Princess line, why shouldn’t it also matter that girls with wild hair and variable body types see themselves there too? — Merida from ‘Brave’ gets the Disney princess treatment, ie rib-removal surgery. The point here may be that merchandisers are hacks, whereas film animators are artists.
Cleveland airport’s wall of stuff fer stabbin’
This is, post-Boston Marathon, one of my new dad fears: That my daughter will someday date a terrorist and turn into an idiot overnight.
BUY SOMEONE COULD GET HURT
Out May 16th, 2013
NOTE: ALL TOUR DATES INCLUDE GOING OUT AND GETTING SHITFACED AFTERWARD
- 5/20 - Austin, TX (Book People, 7pm)
- 5/23 - Chicago, IL (Book Cellar, 7pm)
- 6/3 - Brooklyn, NY (Book Court, 7pm)
- 6/12 - Brooklyn, NY (Running Late Show at Galapagos Art Space, doors at 7pm, tickets can be purchased here)
- 6/13 - Cambridge, MA (Harvard Coop, time TBD)
- 6/14 - Washington, DC (Politics & Prose, 7pm)
- 9/28 - Baltimore, MD (Baltimore Book Festival)